New York State Medicaid Program Senior Data Analyst
Remote Opportunity in Albany NY
Salary Range- $68,000 -$96,000
Salient Healthcare designs, delivers, and supports industry-tailored, transformative solutions for government entities that instill a data-driven culture of continuous improvement. This is an exciting opportunity for a high energy, curious data analyst, with experience working with NYS Medicaid program data. The ideal candidate is comfortable being client facing and can translate data findings to various levels of decision makers.
This is a remote position, but the ideal candidate will be readily available to attend meetings in the Capital District (NY) area.
- B.S. with concentration in health informatics, health administration, public health, epidemiology, statistics, or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of professional work experience focusing on data analysis in the New York State Medicaid program. Data analytic experience should include the use of BI tools, SQL, and/or Excel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with NYS Department of Health (DOH) Medicaid stakeholders to define an analysis or business need.
- Participate in data governance and data categorization efforts with NYS Medicaid stakeholders, to create standard definitions at the source which are applied downstream to the Salient Medicaid Enterprise System.
- Interpret data, identifying trends and outliers. Summarize data and communicate analytical results to key stakeholders, ensuring appropriate level of messaging for the target audience.
- Work with Salient cross-functional team members to translate client requirements (business, technical, and data), to new system developments and data enhancements.
- Develop customized templates, formats, and visualizations for reporting data.
- Create and maintain data documentation, such as data dictionaries and About the Data documents containing data definitions to support end users of the Salient Medicaid Enterprise System.
- Serve as an escalation point to assist our client support team with Salient Medicaid Enterprise System training and support questions, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including administrative tasks.
Preferred Skills or Knowledge
- Knowledge of NYS Medicaid program operations, such as Medicaid claims and encounters processing, membership, provider, and benefits.
- Knowledge of data collection, analysis, statistics, and data presentation with experience in data mining techniques and procedures.
- Experience using statistical packages for analyzing large data sets.
- Strive for continuous improvements of processes, quality, methods, and documentation.
- Familiarity with utilization management, care coordination, quality improvement programs, population health, social determinants of health, and health equity initiatives.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as Program Managers, Consultants, Developers, Infrastructure, Client Support and Technical Support.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Atlassian (Jira and Confluence).
Salient Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran status, age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.