We may collect personal information (information that relates to an identifiable person) from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Sites, fill out a form, and register for an event. We may also collect personal information in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available through our Services. Personal information does not include aggregated or de-identified information.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other information you provide us in connection with our Services. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us, and we may keep a record of any correspondence you submit to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent you from properly using certain aspects of our Services.
We may also automatically collect information from you that, in certain circumstances, may constitute personal data, such as:
- Services usage data, such as which links or buttons you have clicked and the pages you have viewed;
- The type of device you are using;
- The IP address from which you access the Services;
- Depending on your device settings, location data; and
- The name and version of the device operating system.
We may collect non-personal information about Users when they interact with our Services. Non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and other technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Services, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
- Remembering whether you’ve entered your password to access the private content under Client Resources and
- Contextually loading a “Download PDF” button for those who have provided their contact information.
Google Analytics is an element of our Sites. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Sites, the IP address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Sites. By using a browser plugin provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users’ information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service (information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently);
- To improve and operate our Services, including using the feedback you provide us;
- To send periodic emails to you regarding the use of our Services and our events;
- To communicate with you if you decide to opt-in to our mailing list and receive emails that may include company news, updates, or related Services information (provided that if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email);
- To set up and maintain your registration for our Services, including Salient events and conferences;
- To protect our rights and/or our property;
- To operate and improve our Services;
- To manage our Services and their related features;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- For market research; and
- To audit and analyze the Services.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Services.
Sharing your personal information
Third party websites
Do not track notice
Your browser may provide you with the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites you visit. This signal is used to request that websites not send the requesting device cookies, but websites have no obligation to respond to such signal or to modify their operation. At the current time, the Sites are not programmed to recognize Do Not Track signals, so the Sites will not treat you differently if we receive such signals from your browser and we may not comply with Do Not Track settings on your browser.
You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age to use the Services. Services are not directed to children under 13. We do not intend to collect personal data from children under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using the Services, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on October 27, 2017.