Aligning Student & Financial Information
Creating a complete decision support picture of every student, from kindergarten to graduate school, requires bringing together tens of millions of facts from disconnected systems.
Once these facts are collected, they need to be delivered to non-technical professionals who can use them to improve the balance between education delivered and resulting outcomes.
Our approach is to enable executives, administrators, teachers, counselors and others to use information interactively and independently, to see with greater speed and in greater depth where, when and on whom their investments and interventions are having measurable effect, so they can act timelier, repeat practices and investments that work and eliminate those that don’t.
Salient offers technology that removes the limitations to actionable knowledge: latency, technical complexity, incompleteness of information and lack of specificity in measurement.
Salient gives educational institutions greater coherency of information, irrespective of the number of independent sources or their structures, and makes coherent intelligence immediately available to all who need to know.
- Financial Performance – Continuously monitor revenues and costs to ensure a financially sound school, district, etc.
- District Performance – Measure and improve performance while taking into account the constraints of specific districts
- Demographic Intelligence – Use census data to gain insight into demographics of neighborhoods: age, income, employment, language, ethnicity, etc.
- Policies – Measure individual schools and policy objectives against actual outcomes
- School Performance & Accountability – Measure school performance from the highest levels down to individual performers – school performance, curriculum performance, and student progress
- Student Intervention – Identify students at risk and intervene as early as possible
- Benchmarking & Best Practices – Make comparisons at any level to determine what’s working, what’s not and why