Intro to Bookmark building. Identify the gain or loss within any business segment, based on any metric. Learn how to then drill-down and identify actionable details.
Start with a familiar, common subject (MTD & YTD comparisons) to gain confidence with the basic principles of using Salient Interactive Miner.
Common Business Pre-Sets covered
Corresponding Salient Analysis
|MTD or YTD vs YAG||Comparative|
|MTD & YTD vs YAG – 1 metric||Multi-2|
|MTD & YTD vs YAG – multiple metrics||Multi-Comparative|
|Similar variations (90 over 90)||Multi-Comparative|
How to use all the system basics:
- Navigating business segments / sub-grouping
- Date selection
- Drill-down filtering
- Bookmarks automation
- Dynamic & check-box filtering
- Variance math (Diff, %Chg, Mix)
- Creating and Saving custom groups of items (collections)
- Knowledge-Manager (K-Man) Bookmark Info documenting
Examples Discussed:(tailored & pre-built based on custom topics)
Are we down (diff vs YAG) on volume but up in margin? Are we down MTD but up overall YTD? How to utilize a consolidated drill-down perspective to make the best decisions based on results.
Proficiency Testing: (performed at the end in the form of a re-cap / practice)
- Create a practical custom example based on your role using each pre-set
- Be tested on ability to recognize which analysis to use depending on the desired pre-set
- Be tested on the ability to modify filters and drill-down
Duration: 4–6 hours